Industrial radiography uses x-ray and gamma ray for volumetric inspection. Both methods are suitable for weld inspection in piping, pressure vessels, structural, and welder test coupons. They can also be used to verify the integrity of machines, parts, castings, forgings, plate metals, and pipe wall thickness or profiling.
Radiographic Testing Advantages
- Provides a visual permanent record
- Performed on many geometries and sizes
- High indication sensitivity
- Reliable track record across various industries
- Reliable discontinuity characterization
- Volumetric method